built as late as 1920 by Brush, 78 was old-fashioned in design, having
open upper deck balconies similar to Liverpool's Bellamy cars. 78 was
the very last tram built for Wallasey and it only ran until 1933 when
the town went over completely to buses. For more than 50 years, the
saloon of Wallasey 78 was used for storage purposes in a North Wales
longer in use it was handed over to the society by the farmer in 1986.
Aided by workers from Community Industry, about a year's restoration
work was carried out starting in 1987. Supported by Heritage Lottery
cash, work was restarted in 1997. The car has now been restored to its
original 1920s appearance with that unusual lime green and cream livery
and joined the operational fleet in August 2002.